It is normal that Christians backslide and fall short of God’s glory, I said that it is normal because we have evidences from our ancestors like Adam, Israelites in the ancient times, Abraham who had followed his wife Sarah’s council and found plan b for God’s promise, David , and so many others. There will always be a point where it feels like we have lost it all and there is no hope for tomorrow due to God’s justice and love for us to collect us in measure: by this I mean that sometimes God allows some things to happen to us in order to draw us back to Him or else for us to learn a lesson that may be helpful to us in future. This is the time where we experience things we don’t understand and then try to find a way out and then at the end we realise that we can do nothing without God ,thus our eyes opens and we start seeking God willing to give up on everything in order to be in a good relationship with God, but sometimes you mix things up so you fail many times, it becomes a habit, Then Jesus in the book of Mathew 6,24 remind you that you can’t serve two masters, and you remember that you are still suffering though you try harder to be child of God despite your weakness, the devil whisper to you to quit, but your heart reminds you that hell is real too, so as you decide to Go God’s way, the word come and make it clear to you in deuteronomy30 ,because God’s love endures forever and his love always finds a way for by so He gave his only Son to die in our stead, and by so we have life in abundance and If you are willing and obedient you shall eat on the goodness of the land .
Then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes. He will have mercy on you and gather you back from all the nations where he has scattered you.
This is not for anyone but for the ones who choose to return to the Lord God, with obedience and with all their hearts and all their souls follow all the commands God has given them, to them that choose to serve the living God.
He promise to circumcise our hearts so that we may love him wholeheartedly it is all about Him, and now how can we serve God? How can we experience this restoration? Should we seat back and relax waiting for the restoration? Obviously no, it is not magical, we must make a move.
- Steps into experiencing God’s restoration
- REPENT FROM YOUR SINS:
Joel 2:12-13 , “That is why the LORD says, “Turn to me now, while there is time. Give me your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, and mourning. 13 Don’t tear your clothing in your grief, but tear your hearts instead.” Return to the LORD your God, for he is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He is eager to relent and not punish.
1 “O Israel,” says the LORD, “if you wanted to return to me, you could. You could throw away your detestable idols and stray away no more. 2 Then when you swear by my name, saying, ‘As surely as the LORD lives,’ you could do so with truth, justice, and righteousness. Then you would be a blessing to the nations of the world, and all people would come and praise my name.” 3 This is what the LORD says to the people of Judah and Jerusalem: “Plow up the hard ground of your hearts! Do not waste your good seed among thorns. 4 O people of Judah and Jerusalem, surrender your pride and power. Change your hearts before the LORD, or my anger will burn like an unquenchable fire because of all your sins.
“Yet even now,” declares the LORD, “Return to Me with all your heart, And with fasting, weeping and mourning;
- EXERCISE RIGHTEOUSNESS: by
- FORGIVE LEARN FROM THE LORD’S PRAYER15. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.21 Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” 22 “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!
- Matt. 18:21-22
- Mathew 6, 15
- ASK FOR FORGIVENESS
So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, 24 leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.
- Seek GOD’S FACE BY PRAYER AND FASTING, AND MEDITATION OF HIS WORD.“Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.6 Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
- Isaiah 55, 3; 55, 6
- SEEK GOD’S GUIDANCE IN PRAYER
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take..
- LEARN TO WAIT ON GOD AND ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOUIsaiah 30:18
- So the LORD must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help
- SURRENDER YOURSELF AND ALL THAT YOU HAVE TO GOD Galatians 2:20 “
- 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- HAVE FAITH IN GOD AND LEARN TO DEPEND ON GOD ALONE
Mark 11:22-24 –KJV
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Hebrews 11:6 NLT
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Romans 10:17 KJV
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.
- WORK HARD AND EXERCISE WISDOM (PLAN AND SAVE FOR THE FUTURE):
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed
Proverbs 21, 20
20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.
6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! 7 Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, 8 they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
- LEARN TO DEPEND ON GOD INSTEAD OF MONEY
John 15:5 KJV
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
- AND LASTLY THERE IS WAY YOU CAN DO THESE WITHOUT HAVING CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVOIR“6Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
- ” He is not a way, as in one of many; He is the way, as in the one and only. No one, regardless of reputation, achievement, special knowledge, or personal holiness, can come to God the Father except through Jesus
- John 14:6,
Whatever you do should be done in spirit and in truth
Knowing what to do, and doing what you know are two different things
Hold the little you have, make use of it and tally in the presence of the lord.
HOLINESS IS THE KEY